What injectables are available at B + A Medical Aesthetics?
Botox is made from a purified protein called botulinum toxin. This substance temporarily relaxes the muscles in the targeted area of the face, reducing crease lines and wrinkles. Botox gets to the root of what causes the wrinkle lines to appear--contracted muscles--and relaxes them. This leaves the skin smooth and wrinkle-free, lasting for a period between three to four months.
Juvederm is a line of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring and biocompatible sugar that holds moisture and makes your skin appear soft, supple, and taut. Juvederm is injected into targeted locations around your face to achieve optimal facial contouring, restoring lost volume, and filling wrinkles. Juvederm includes several products, each catering to a unique problem — we’ll help you select the ideal treatment option.
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that restores facial volume, reduces fine lines, and makes your skin appear soft, supple, and smooth. Restylane includes several treatment options and products. Restylane Defyne treats the deep grooves around the mouth and nose. Restylane Refyne smoothes fine lines around the mouth. Restylane Lyft adds volume to the cheeks, lips, and temples.
Radiesse is a hypoallergenic injectable made of calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA), a component that encourages your body to produce collagen. As the CaHA is absorbed, it encourages collagen generation, thus adding volume to your skin. It’s used to treat wrinkles, fine lines, laugh lines, scars, and hollow cheeks, and the results last longer than most hyaluronic acid-based fillers, around 1 to 2 years.
Belotero Balance is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that makes your skin appear youthful, plump, and smooth. This treatment is popularly used to treat the tear troughs under the eyes, light to moderate smile lines, vertical lines over the lips, minor nose bumps, and loss of facial volume. The results usually last for 6 to 18 months.
Sculptra is an injectable dermal filler made of poly-L-lactic acid. It activates your body’s natural collagen production capabilities, which, in turn, adds volume to your skin. It’s used to treat wrinkles, sagging skin, sunken cheeks, and loss of facial volume. The treatment results gradually appear over three to four months, but you can retain the results for a year or more.
Kybella is an injectable that is composed of a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a substance used to treat chin fat, or a double chin. Kybella helps your body naturally dissolve and expel fat cell membranes. The result is a smoother, more firm jawline.
Pre/Post Treatment Instructions For Soft Tissue Fillers
In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections please follow these simple steps:
To minimize the possibility of bruising please remember 1 week prior to your appointment to stop the following:
- Supplements such as Omega 3's (fish oil, flax seeds)
- Vitamin E
- St. John's Wort
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinking medications, if possible, for a period of 2 weeks before treatment
No alcohol at least 24 hours before treatment.
Schedule your Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event that you may be attending, such as a wedding or vacation. Results from injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also, bruising and swelling may be present in that time period.
What to do the day of appointment:
- Arrive with clean dry skin.
- Numbing cream may be applied before injecting to improve your comfort.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment, to numb the area we are injecting.
- You may be tender in the areas of injection after the numbing medication wears off.
- Cold compresses will help decrease any swelling and decrease the possibility of bruising.
- Remain in an upright position for 3-4 hours following injection.
- Avoid sleeping for 3-4 hours to avoid inadvertently rubbing or pressing the treatment area.
- Arnica supplements can be taken to minimize bruising.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area unless instructed by the provider.
- Avoid bending over, straining, and aerobic exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling. If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour. Use Tylenol for discomfort.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Take Arnica to help the bruising and swelling, start at least 2 days prior to injections.
- On the night following your treatment, sleep with your head elevated (propped up with an extra pillow) to help with the swelling.
- Avoid other treatments like facials or chemical peels for at least 24 hours following injection.
- Call your injector if you experience persistent severe pain at the injection site or blanching of the skin.